01 July 2011

Sunset Valley Library

Back to my makeover of Sunset Valley. Around the park from the Little Corsican Bistro is the Sunset Valley Library, next to the Police Department.  It's not quite a Gothic library (maybe next time) but I did try for something solid but welcoming. Somewhere my Sims will want to spend the day reading and writing. 


This is a view of the new foyer looking through to the ground floor reading room ... 


... and then from the reading room, through the foyer to the children's area ...


... and finally the children's area itself. 


Upstairs there are plenty of books to read for building skills ... and more than enough desks to choose from to write that best selling novel at. 



You are welcome to download Sunset Valley Library from my studio:
http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4282597

And here's the Police Department rabbithole with its improved landscaping:
http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4282543

6 comments:

Wibs said...

Great job, I love the warm colors and that you made a room for the little ones - left you a well deserved rec!

miss_tickle said...

Thanks Wibs!

Zeriday said...

ooo its librarytastic! my librarys never seem to look 'authentic'

tpb01 said...

I love wood and that library hits the spot- nice work.

miss_tickle said...

Thanks - maybe it's cos I've spent a lot of time in libraries at various times.

miss_tickle said...

Thanks Tim. Can't beat a bit of timber panelling for the traditional look!